Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, March 05, 2007

Surprising result and honesty hour...

Me, Molly, Felix and Mezz
I had a post planned for after my recent weigh in explaining my poor eating last week leading to an inevitable gain.

Feeling a bit down about my lousy effort with tracking (no Calorie King due to lack of Internet access last week), I stepped on the scale Saturday morning only to find a loss of 1.7kg!!

Last week: 95.9
This week: 94.2

I put this down to balanced resistance and cardiovascular exercise and sensible albeit UN-tracked eating. I am sure the resistance is working as my clothes are beginning to feel looser.

The only way I am going to be able to at least maintain this result, let alone losing any weight next week is by staying on track. I said in my last post that I have made a discovery about myself. I have looked at my behaviour pattern and weight loss from week to week over the last couple of months and have realised that I have not eaten well and exercised for more than one week at a time. I have a good week then a slack week... good week... slack week... and so on. And the results are consistent with this pattern.

So, my challenge is to eat well and exercise for TWO WEEKS STRAIGHT, including two free days where I can eat those things I have been thinking about during my "clean" days (I like using the word clean as I still feel like a junk food addict in remission).

Another part of this challenge is to post a quick daily update to keep myself more accountible. You may not have realised that I have had slack weeks and good weeks as I have not been completely honest here. I have not outright lied to you however have omitted my slip ups. This is not a good habit to get into as I end up lying to myself too and that is just plain unhealthy. Who does it benefit?? My ego? Certainly not my waistline!!

So, first little bit of hosesty. Yesterday I made the most appauling food choices. I have not had such a high calorie day since before I began getting healthy four years ago! I had a fish and chip shop hamburger and half a small bag of chips with chicken salt for lunch, savoys, dip, philly cheese and sweet chilli, chips, skittles and sugary soft drink in the afternoon and 3 slices of pizza and 2 pieces of garlic bread for dinner. Did it make me feel good? NO! Why did I do it? It was not for emotional reasons, but out of lasiness and convenience. I was out and about and that's the food that was on offer. Good enough excuse? NO!

I am not writing this on here because I want comments about how terrible my eating was yeaterday. I don't even want advice, as I know that I ate too much junk and don't need to be patronised and made to feel like a "naughty girl". In fact, I don't even believe in labeling food or myself as naughty or bad as it is totally degrading. I have posted this here as I know I am a part of a supportive community of strong women (and some men) who are taking their lives back by choosing a healthy path. This is about getting honest with myself in persuit of a healthy mind as well as a healthy body.

Feeling good now.... off to the gym!

Ash
xox

Live well my friends!
For the record, check out my super-clean food day today!!
Total Calories: 1663
Exercise Calories: 385
Exercise

12 comments:

CaramelKitKat said...

LOL @ being a junk food junky, I know that feeling well.

The great thing about your eating on Sunday is that it wasn't emotion, just laziness, and so a much easier fix. Call me crazy but I also think that a bit of high kj food every so often can be a good thing, just to change it up a bit so your body doesn't become complacent. Alright, there is probably no scientific fact in that last bit, but I swear it works for me!

lisa jane said...

The most shocking to me about that post is that I had totally fogotten about skittles! I haven't had skittles since i was a child.

Yay for skittles, thanks for reminding me Ash!

I dont label food either but I have learnt that I feel better when i dont eat apple crumble for lunch ;)

Jill said...

Ash your post today has made me think about what i am doing. I guess the only one we are letting down is ourselves when we don't commit to our selves. I like your 2week commitment I think I might steal your idea .

HD said...

Firstly, well done on the loss, that's amazing.

Secondly, love the 'clean' expression.

Thirdly, well done on being accountable on the blog. Sometimes its hard being honest with yourself and writing it down ALWAYS helps :)

Good luck for your 2 week challenge.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ash,

I've discovered your blog via Phillipa's. I have to congratulate you on your fabulous efforts post baby. I'm expecting our first child in June. Before falling pregnant I had just reached my goal weight. While I'm very excited about meeting our firstborn, I do worry about getting back to my goal weight and the mammoth effort it will take. Your post is an inspiration and motivates me to get back on track now and when the baby arrives.

Thank you!
Susan

Chris H said...

When I read blogs where the author says they don't label food "good" or "bad"... it makes me feel kinda "inferior"? I do label food, ...and I label myself good or bad depending on what I've eaten too.... I suppose it just goes to show we are all different.... not right or wrong, just different. Yaa for the fantastic loss, and good luck for the two week challenge.

Tina said...

Well you must be doing something right - what a fantastic loss!!

Good on you for being accountable for your eating. I hope you have a good week ahead.

The Candid Bandit said...

Man, three times Ive tried to leave a comment!

The Candid Bandit said...

and now it works?

Ok Ill say it quickly CONGRATULATIONS on your loss!!!

philippa_moore said...

Well done on the loss Ash!

And thanks for getting me on to Calorie King too, what an eye opener....

Amanda said...

Well done on the loss Ash!

Ails said...

Fantastic result this week Ash! Well done, not only for the loss but also for recognising your weight loss behaviour and making positive steps to improve your habits! All the best for a great week ahead Darl xxx