Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Wow.... Huh??

WOW...

As many of you would know, Saturday is my weigh-in day. Now, I was particularly keen to jump on the scales this morning as I have had such an awesome week filling my body up with sensible portions of fresh and healthy food- hitting 32 points or just below each day. I feel absolutely fantastic! I have been sleeping very well and did my 1st intentional exercise since having Molly yesterday with Kate (a big walk to the "big shops"... had a fantastic time Kate!). I have consumed at least 2 litres of water every day and am really proud of what we've done. I have not had one "treat" thus proving to myself that I don't need to have a little bit of something off the plan every day... only sometimes! I have been the goddess of the Weight Watchers world!! The QUEEN!! I ROCK!!

HUH??...

Now here's where the "huh??" comes in. I was so excited to feed Molly, go to the toilet, strip off (hey... my undies are heavy!!) and jump on the scales, expecting to see a big loss after the killer week I have just had. 96.2kgs... 96.2kgs!! WHAT?? Thats a GAIN of 700g!! Undoing the 600g I lost last week plus another 100!! Would someone please tell me what the heck is going on?? I wish I had've taken notice of the body fat percentage as it may explain something. I have not done any resistance apart from lifting Molly and pushing the pram so I doubt it would be muscle... I'm stumped!

Kate mentioned in her blog about our lovely day together yesterday. I arrived at her house at 9:30 and we chatted till 10:30 when we loaded up the prams and headed out for a walk. It was such a gorgeous sunny day with a cool breeze- perfect for walking. We stopped for a drink and some fruit at the 1/2 way point and grabbed a yummy sushi lunch 3/4s of the way home. I got a bit sunburnt- I have spent the majority of the last few months indoors.. didn't really feel like baring my swolen pregnant self at the beach this summer!!

Our lunch was delish! I am completely addicted to california rolls. It's not like I never ate them before this week but I have rediscovered those tasty little fellas on this fresh food challenge. Kate and I spent the rest of the afternoon half watching Scrubs (gotta get me some of those DVDs!) while we chatted and looked at her before pics. That girl has come a LONG way my friends! Nag her to find her scanner so she can post the pics!!

Now, of the three things I said I was going to do this week I have only done one... hmm disciplined huh?? I did manage to get my butt into gear enough to make up my own muesli which is delish! I thrw together some rolled oats, sultanas, peanuts, coconut, almonds, dried pawpaw and pineapple, prunes, dried apricots and lsa. It was sooo yummy! I grated a big green apple onto it and it was magic!

I did not make bread or peanut butter although I have all the ingredients there ready to go so I WILL do them over the next couple of days.. Phil, I might take you up on the breadmaker offer! *lol*

Next week I aim to walk three times. Our challenge has officially ended but we have started some really good new habits (or should I say, we have retured to our old good habits) so we will continue to eat this way as much as possible with a bit more flexibility.

That will do from me for now...

Hope you all have lovely weekends!

(Note: Since writing this post I have recieved a couple of comments about how many pts I should be having- saying 32 pts might be too much for me.. Just for the record, I have been following the WW points system for 4 years and it has worked so far- It got me to goal! WW recommends 32 pts for breastfeeding mums feeding as frequently as I do no matter their weight so I I feel like this has been a good amount for me... by the way.. just hopped back on the scales remembering my memory function and discovered I have lost 1% body fat this week.
So 32 pts looks about right.)


Ash
xox

14 comments:

Chris H said...

You are doing weight watchers right? And you are breastfeeding... but MAYBE you just don't need that many points?! Try dropping your points by 4? a day... but remember to drink lots of water still. You may find that helps, cos 32 points is a lot really, and you ain't that big. When I was 127 kilos I was allowed 24 points... big person=24 points.... you only 96kgs, so if you wern't feeding bub you'd only be allowed about 22 points. I belive that we should still only be eating for 1, be we pregnant or breastfeeding. I had 6 babies and followed this example and never ran outta milk and never gained weight, I lost it slowly but surely.

lisa jane said...

Points aside Ash (dont even get me started!) do you feel like you have been eating enough? u said sensible portions so I figured you were.If you "feel " like you are eating enough,the right amount whatever,stick with it.

YOU I wish I could highlight that word or something,but ONLY YOU should determine if you are eating enough for you and your bub, if it feels right to you,stick with it.

Playing around with,deducting points/calories when you are breastfeeding is not a very good idea in my opinion as you and bubs nutrition is of paramount importance,if you really were concerned then you could check next time u r at a meeting or something,but please dont let anyone else tell you you are eating too much.

good lord.

Tina said...

Oh Ash I can understand how disappointed you must have been when you got on those scales. You have worked so hard this week for a good result.

But just remember, you have done everything right so it will probably come off next week. There are so many reasons why you could have gained this week.

I do agree with Chris though, maybe dropping a few points might help this week.

Glad you enjoyed your healthy eating week and well done on the exercise.

Unknown said...

The WW points system is what I've been using for 4 years now and it has worked so far. Breastfeeding mums are allowed 32 points no matter what they weigh.

I feel like this has been a good amount for me... btw.. just hopped back on the scales remembering my memory function and discovered I have lost 1% body fat this week.

So 32 pts looks about right.

Thanks for the input though.

Kate said...

ASH! Don't worry about the micro gain. You have come so far this week with your fresh food challenge and intentional exercise! We are both breastfeeding mums and both on the same points and Felix is 12 months older than molly and feeding alot less than molly too! SO I can speak from experience!

Don't start messing around with how many points you're having and I'd even encourage you to have more than 32 if you're still hungry. They have worked it out specifictally for lactating mums.

This is how I have been doing it for 12 weeks and it's worked great this far. It isn't about eating for two - it's about the huge amount of nutrients your body needs to make that yummy mummy milk that is so good for molly's growth and development.

I think you'll find you'll have a nice loss next week. Please don't let it dishearten you. The bf programme works... you're body is still, slowly getting back to how it was... you're uterus is still contracting. Lots of things still happening post birth... it will all balance out soon.

You couldn't be doing better at anything (food OR exercise)gorgeous! Keep up the great work *big hugs*
Katie xx

Kate said...

Oooh, yay for the 1% body fat loss, wonder what mine would be?! My scales can't do fancy stuff like that! ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Ash,

I finally have a profile to be able to de-lurk. Anyway, I agree with you. While you're breastfeeding, and especially while that is all of Molly's nutrition, don't fiddle with your points. The weight will most likely come off next week, and if it doesn't start worrying about it then.

A 1% loss of body fat is a fair amount, when you consider that 10% for your weight would be 9.6 kilos. So really, you've lost nearly a kilo of fat this week. Er, don't trust me on that, I'm not an expert ;)

Margaret said...

Hi Ashwee. Thanks for dropping in - it has been a while since I have been here too so CONGRATULATIONS on the little wee girl. She is gorgeous. And I had to laugh at your last post with the photo and of the poo about to come. I am sitting here with Mr Oscar who has already filled his pants and boy does it make it hard to concentrate LOL.

I think you are doing really well. It's a pain when the scales go the wrong way when you do everything right but what you have to remember is your body is doing so many things right now and you just have to trust that if you keep doing what you are doing the results will show - as they already have.

Keep going Ashwee - you are doing an awesome job. :)

Chris H said...

I hope I didn't sound like I was saying you were eating too much? I SUGGESTED you drop your points, but as you and I know, it is totally up to you and how you feel. We are all entitled to our opinion, cos that's what it is, our opinion. You asked for advice/suggestions, well I gave you mine. I felt like lisa jane was "telling me off" lol ! It wasn't a nice feeling. I have had 6 kids afterall, so do know a wee bit about it.

Unknown said...

I don't mind anyone expressing their opinions here as long as everyone plays nice! *lol* Chris, hope you didn't feel attacked- it's hard to know exactly what people mean in this kind of forum. Thats one downfall of talking on the internet rather than in person... I might post this onto your blog too in case you don't read this.

xo

PersistentGirl said...

Hi Ash :)
Congrats on the 1% bodyfat loss. You're really on track so it's only a matter of time before the scale cooperates :)
Keep up the great work!

Chris H said...

Thanks for that Ashwee, all's good.

Cinders said...

Hey gorgeous Ash - as I said last night, your body does crazy things when it's breastfeeding. How beautiful is that B&W photo over at Brooke's blog.

Diana said...

Hi ash, i thought just write and say they chnaged the weightwatchers breastfeeding point clculation this year, as it is no longer the standard 32 points. as they realised someone who is 120kg and breastfeeding needs more points than someone who is 70kg. It is now 7 points on top what normally be on. I hope that helps. I am also breastfeeding my little girl, she is 5 months I am 117kg, and I am on 31points. if you like i could send you the new point allocation quiz, or you can find it on the ww forum