Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Fitness... for women on the go!



I have been thinking about what exercise program I want to do now that I have been given the Doctor's all clear to work out. I knew I couldn't go back to Fernwood as it just doesn't suit my lifestyle now. Then I thought about joining the gym near me attached to the local pool but that is big and impersonal and I like a smaller more intimate environment. While wandering around Blackburn on my walk yesterday I stumbled across Contours and thought "BINGO!" just what I'm looking for- a small club, not too expensive at $13.50 per week and most importantly VERY close to John's parent's place which means that I can drop M off while I pop in for a quick workout a few times a week.

You probably all know how these kind of places work but for those of you who don't, it is a circuit which is always running from the time the place opens until closing time. It is made up of both cardiovascular and resistance stations to provide a whole body workout and the aim is to go in whenever you feel like it and enter the circuit at any station after warming up. It takes 36 minutes including including warm up, 2 laps of the circuit and stretching. I feel this will be perfect for me as I can go at any time that is convenient rather than having to plan around the classes I like. I can also walk to and from John's folks place so I can get a bit more exercise in if I have time.

Contours also has a very sensible looking eating plan focussing on balance and energy in vs energy out. It is very flexible and basically helps you to eat in a more structured and purposeful way for building muscle and losing fat. I'm going to try it and add a few hundred calories for breastfeeding.

Edit: For those who were wondering, Contours is a lot like Curves.

I haven't been going particularly well with this week's bloggest loser task... actually I haven't cleaned anything since Monday! But I'm planning to have tomorrow morning at home so I'll try to get some more stuff done then. I have been exercising every day carrying over last week's task- trying to solidify that new good habit!

I am SO excited about starting my course... I even bought a new 3 colour pen- pink, purple and blue!! (even though I'll probably be typing mostly, and I have exactly one million pens already*lol*). Thanks for the offer of help Brookie, I am 100% sure I'll need it! I have no idea what I'm getting myself into but I LOVE that feeling- I get so excited about facing the unknown.. I think that's why I was able to be so positive and excited about labour and birth.

On a much more important note how good was the twist on The Biggest Loser tonight!? Who else wishes they'd swapped Courtney for another one of those girls?! I'm so bitchy but I can't stand that boy! I feel like punching him... is that wrong?? *lol*

Molly has a hearing test tomorrow- I'll take a photo of her wearing the cute headphones... stay tuned!

Ash

xox

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Contours sounds perfect for you! No set timetables, close to home, quick!

Can't wait to see Molly in headphones :D

Cinders said...

Hey Ash - I think Contours is a great idea for u to ease back into more physical exercise. Kiss Molly for me x

Chris H said...

I too just joined a new gym, isn't it fun?! You are so lucky to have handy babysitters too. Have fun.

Sarah said...

I think we have the same gym here in Canada, except it's called "Curves". My MIL used their program and lost 30 pounds! Sounds like a good plan to me :)

lisa jane said...

contours, is that like curves?sounds similar.

Courteney is a certified wanker.

Tina said...

Look forward to hearing about Contours. We have a curves near us and I am considering joining that when we have some extra money.

I think it's a fantastic idea. You can go whenever you want and it only takes 35 mins.

Have fun.

philippa_moore said...

Sounds like a great idea Ash! You sound so motivated and happy, I am so in awe :)

Kate said...

YAY ASH! So happy for you! Does that mean you won't be able to walk with us anymore?! :(

Hope the dinner went well!

Katie xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support, ASh. I know if you can do it, so can I. I will aslo say to you that I lost a lot of weight after my first baby. i was the smallest I had ever been at a size 10 and 63kgs. So you can do it too. I walked and walked and drank lots of water and breastfed, so theres my little helpful secret for a new mum. Molly is so beautiful and so is her mummy. have a great day.
lvoe Mistie

Amanda said...

Contours sounds great for you Ash, everything fits into your new lifestyle!

Can't wait to see Molly in the headphones- my mum does that sort of testing as part of her job.

Good luck with the studying, sounds like a great course :)

Anonymous said...

Countours sounds great honey! Good for you :o) It will be nice not having to work around class times! Especially with Miss Molly!

Email me the link to your banner on Photobucket darl and I'll try to fix it up tonight!

Great to see you Saturday :o)
xoxo

The Candid Bandit said...

Contours is excellent as we talked about on Saturday night.

I think they have a cool website www.contoursexpress.com.au which has a little display of the workout mahcines..

Did you notice I found you! Unpdating my link now.