Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, February 04, 2007

7 salads in 7 days...

This is my new challenge for this week. I am going to make a different delicious and healthy salad each night and post a picture here- just for a bit of variety. I already started tonight by making my own version of the salad Kate mentioned on her blog.I'm sure it is very different to the one you had Kate but it sure was delicious!

A yummy spicy Thai chicken salad made with lean chicken mince, red onion, coriander, bean shoots, lime, lemon, chilli, ginger and soy sauce, served on a bed of cos lettuce with a tomato cut into wedges. YUM!! I am definately making this one again some time!!

I had a fab time last night at Brooke's get together. Linda, Phil, Ails, Jadey, Sassy, Brooke and I got together to relax and spend some quality time together. I took Molly along to meet all her pretend aunties and she was a perfect angel! The girls all indulged in Jelly shots and pizza and watched chick flick DVDs.. ahhh.. heaven! I really enjoyed finally meeting Sassy. We had been planning to meet a little while ago (pre Molly) but never managed to get our butts into gear. We had a lot in common and chatted away like monkeys in trees.. hehe.. I like that saying! See Brooke's (in my sidebar) post for a more detailed description and some photos.


I have stolen this pic from Brooke's site as I think it is BEAUTIFUL! Isn't Brooke a talented little shutterbug? I haven't liked the way I have looked in many photos recently but I feel that this one really shows the joy I have in motherhood. My eyes are genuinely happy. That is really how I feel right now. I adore my girl and my life. I am happy with my body for the first time ever. It's like I have accepted it with all its flaws because I was able to watch it perform one of the greatest tasks ever- making another human being!! I am totally blown away by the power of the female body. What an amazing, spiritual thing it is to be a woman!
I am really excited to be feeling so good. John and I got out for another walk yesterday and I am feeling very ready to get back into proper exercise. I don't want to be silly and go too hard too soon but I am just really looking forward to feeling fit again. I think I will to couch to 5k as soon as I feel up to running. There is a Healthy Body Club booty camp in March which I plan to do and am VERY excited about!


Molly is getting such a strong little neck now and smiling all the time. I can't believe how fast she's growing and becoming more aware of what is going on around her! Here are some more cute photos of her doing her exercises during tummy time this morning.
I have never known love like this!
That will do from me tonight... I am sleepy!
Ash
xox






16 comments:

Chris H said...

You are right, there is nothing like mother love, it is the most powerful emotion in the whole wide world ! And it never goes away, no matter how many kids you have! Molly is adorable, she has lots of hair like a couple of my daughters!

Anonymous said...

Ash, no matter what the photos show, you in real life are absolutely glowing. Your acceptance and confidence in yourself and your pride in Molly are evident in the way you are carrying yourself, the shine in your eyes and the gentle way you handle your little girl... all things that photos don't often capture. You are looking BEAUTIFUL Ash. Absolutely divine. Try not to worry about your little gain either - though I know it's hard! Just keep on doing what you're doing, the scales will catch up eventually.

Lots of love :o)
xoxo

ps. I have lots of pics of you and Miss Molly... I'll send some through to you tonight at full size so they'll look better when printed :o)

PersistentGirl said...

Lovely post Ash, and although I haven't met you, I agree what Brooke said about you glowing. Your eyes shine with happiness :) hehe I'm getting all poetic.
LOVE the salad!!! Will have to try that one :)

lisa jane said...

Yum YUm and Yum
You are the absolute definition of a yummy mummy.
Molly is scrumptious.
That salad looks divine!
Thanks to Marshy I am currently experimenting with asian ingredients too, she has me addicted to fried banana in my salads!!!!
That would have been an expensive addiction a few months ago ;)
xxx

Leighanne said...

I love that photo - you look so happy!!!
That salad looks yummy too:)

philippa_moore said...

Ash, you are looking fabulous at the moment. Your eyes are just shining with love for your little girl. She is the luckiest baby in the world :) [I told her that while we were waiting for you in the car at Coles that night :)]

Love you, have a great week xoxoxoxox

Jadey said...

You and Molly look absolutely amazing! I was so happy to see you at brookes and even happier that you bought Molly along with you.

Little Fat Duck said...

I saw those pics on brookes site and just though how beautiful you look! Youre still glowing lol, Thatd be a lovely pic to print out and frame for Molly as she gets older :o)

Amanda said...

I left a comment on Brooke's post about how much I love that black and white photo! It's just gorgeous, you look so utterly happy :)

**Mellisa** said...

Ohhh Molly is so cute!! The pictures made me clucky.... (omg!! I quickly got over that when I remembered the night feeds!!lol))
You look wonderful and happy!! I love your blog, and thanks for commenting on mine ....

Mellisa

Jac said...

I'm in love with that photo!! Definitely a keeper.

And I know this really belongs on your last post, but YOU MAKE YOUR OWN PEANUT BUTTER?! You must share this gem with me!! :) :)

Margaret said...

That salad looks fantastic. I will definitely try that out!!

And you look gorgeous with Molly. Motherhood suits you :D

Cinders said...

You are glowing Ash, and you have taken to motherhood like a duck to water (or a monkey to a tree). It was great to see you and can't wait to catch up again in the next few weeks. xx

Kate said...

Molly is so so so cute!!! I just showed Owen the pics and his reaction - "awwww she is so beautiful, such a cute baby"
You are looking great Ash, very happy!

Shauna said...

YUM YUM YUM! that looks so bloody delicious. who said salad had to be torture and punishment!?

and wee molly is so beautiful, i can't believe how quickly she is growing. love her eyes :)

Anonymous said...

Ash, you are such beautiful girls. I love that pic too, you are right, you look so happy. Motherhood is the greatest thing in the world. Keep up the great work.
Just thought I would tell you that I lost all my baby weight after the first one by walking, yet to get rid of the second and third weight but I am getting there. All the best.
Mistie
xx