Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, February 12, 2007

Following my dreams...

I have just enrolled in a correspondence "Health and Fitness Magazine Writing" course delivered by the Australian College of Journalism (Through Thomson Education Direct). I am so nervous! It's really funny as I have been studying for the last four years and received a degree with honours. Writing assignments and sitting exams became like second nature to me, however journalism is an entirely different type of course to the Bachelor of Social Work I just completed.

My study pack should arrive in the next 5-10 days and I can get started any time I like. I have 18 months to complete the course although I will probably finish it sooner as I have plenty of time to study. I will need to work 6 hours a week to complete it in 6 months or 2.5 per week to finish in 18. I'll probably fall somewhere in the middle. I am glad I will need to be scheduled again as I struggle not having any routine. I am more organised when I am busier as I make appointments with myself to do things like cleaning and exercise. When I have no schedule I put things off and end up not doing them... like my exercise (or lack thereof...) this weekend. I am SO excited to have an excuse to buy stationary again as I was beginning to grieve the loss the opportunity to use cute pens, highlighters and folders! Haha! LOVE STATIONARY!!

I am looking forward to finding out this weeks task on The Bloggest Loser!

Edit:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Task is to spring clean the house this week...

Tasks completed today:
1) Vacuumed all carpets
2) Mopped kitchen and bathroom floors
3) Cleaned kitchen benches, wiped down cupboards, dishwasher, fridge
4) Cleaned toilet and bathroom vanity
5) Did a load of washing

I am pretty happy with that effort! Things to do this week- clean oven and griller, clean out fridge, wash the big living room windows, give anything and everything we don't need to the op-shop.

Great challenge Beckie!

Need a good kick in the pants to get me going again this week. I am meeting Kate tomorrow morning for a walk around the shops. It's going to be hot tomorrow so a shop walk sounds just about right.

Ooh, I forgot I haven't mentioned the lovely mini blogger meet I went to on Saturday night. It was lovely sharing a meal at The Stokehouse in St Kilda with Linda, Phil, Brookie and the lovely Bee and Amanda. I have some photos but can't be bothered uploading them now.

I am very tired and if I don't get me some sleep it will be even harder to exercise tomorrow! Hope everyone had a fab weekend!

Ash
xox

10 comments:

PersistentGirl said...

Just a quick note to say hi and congrats on enrolling in the course, that's fantastic :) An excuse to get nice stationery is always a good thing too!

xoxo

Chris H said...

Yaa for the new stationery! You are a clever girl, a degree with honors, and now on to another course! And with wee Molly to care for as well. I can relate to doing better when busy and having to be organised, I function that way as well.

lisa jane said...

I love stationary too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.I once spent a whole myer voucher I got for my birthday on stationary,all pink!!! Have you seen that smiggle shop? they have rainbow squiggly, swirly pens!!!!And erasors shaped like everything you can imagine.

Amanda said...

It was great meeting you! I've got 45 seconds left in the internet booth at the airport. I've got some great photos of Molly, can't wait to post them!

Cinders said...

That's fantastic Ash - you would be a great health/fitness journo.

Jadey said...

I need to catch up on the bloggest loser tasks. I haven't even touched base with anyone this week. SO bad.

I suppose when the wedding is finished I will have heaps of time.

Shazam said...

congrats on enrolling in your course!!! it is always exciting, starting new classes. and yeah, i love buying new notebooks and pens etc! love that back to school feeling! ;) i'm in melbourne too, if you ever want to meet up sometime ;)(to help with the meeting 20 bloggers project)

Kelly said...

Congrats on your course! I want to know how you find the time to do all that cleaning with a newborn. I'm lucky if I cna throw in a load of laundry during the day!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I love stationary too! :o) And I'm so proud of you for doing that course! Let me know if I can help in any way with the journalism side of things :o) You'll do great though darl! Nice being able to take it at your own pace too.

xoxo

philippa_moore said...

Wow Ash, you are taking so much in stride and managing to do so much as well as be a wonderful mother ... I'm so proud of you :)

xx