Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Bloggest Loser

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This week's task on Beckie's "The Bloggest Loser" is to get up an hour earlier and do some exercise. I have committed to do this 11 week thingy (at Beckie's suggestion we're not using the word challenge as people often fizzle out after 2 weeks of a "challenge") following the losers in the house, so I have to try to work out a way to get myself (and Molly) out of the house for a walk to be back by 8am. This is going to mean leaving at 7. Molly usually wants a feed at around 6 or 6:30 but this week I am going to wake her at 6 to feed for 30 mins, leaving plenty of time for me to jump into my trackies and shoes, dress her, eat a banana or something and head out. I am going to have to get my (soon to be) little butt to bed earlier and not stay up too late talking on Beckie's Gabbly Chat.


I think morning walks are a great habit to get into as it means the day has begun. The rest of the morning will be productive as I wont be blobbing around in my pjs at midday! I will come home, shower, get W (our housemate) ready for his day, have brekkie with my hubby, do any dishes, vacuuming, washing that needs doing and by the time Dr. Phil and Oprah come on I wont feel guilty for sitting doing nothing while I watch ithem. I am really looking forward to this! It will help me be more organised and on top of things.


During my 12 week challenge at the beginning of last year I was getting up at 5:30-6am nearly every day to toddle off to the gym for either a personal training session, hard weights, cardio or a class. I loved the feeling of my face prickling with sweat and heat as I stepped into the cool air of morning after a spin class or body attack. My gym membership will come off suspension in a month or so and I have to decide what to do. I think Fernwood is just too expensive for what it offers a person like me. I loved it last year as I needed that kind of gym. But this year I have a bubby and a tender post baby body that needs to ease into exercise and therefore the option of swimming would be ideal. My local pool/gym is less expensive, has childcare and offers more than Fernwood. So I think in the long run it would be cheaper to cancel Fernwood and go there. I probably wont join up straight away as I would like to focus on walking and a bit of at home toning work. I might even just get a swimming membership or buy 10 passes at a time or something... we'll see!

Melbourne Blogger Picnic
I have been wanting to organinse a meet for a while now and I figure since the weather is pretty nice most of the time at the moment it may as well be SOON! I would love to meet somewhere nice like the Melbourne Botanical Gardens where we can all sit on blankets, eat yummy food and yak. We could even go for a walk around the tan before lunch to work up an appetite!

I'm keen to know who would be in! When's good for people?? Saturday or Sunday?? Early March sound good? Please leave me a comment and let me know!

Well, if I don't go now it's going to be really hard to get up in the morning for my walk... best be orrrf!

Enjoy the early morning exercise challengers!! (...erm, I mean task-ers!!)

Ash
xox

5 comments:

Kate said...

Happy to go walkies again Ash, but busy on Friday and I have no car tomorrow and the next day, but if you're coming down this way??! ;)

The picnic sounds great, I'd love to come, if it's an open invitation?! Any time suits me :)

I MUST get to bed, I'm turning into a pumpkin! Gotta be up early for pre-breakie walkies too!
Kate xx

Chris H said...

I used to get up early to go walkies, but just can't drag me butt outta bed before 7.30 anymore! Must be age creeping up on me... good luck with your efforts, I will think of you while I'm still in bed .. lol.

Jadey said...

March sounds pretty good :)

Shazam said...

I would love to go to the Melbourne Bloggers picnic, if it is open to newbies as well as the seasoned veterans ;)

I'm back at the gym in the mornings too! It is just so good to get the exercise out of the way for the day! A great way to start the day. Also when I get home after work I just want to be able to bum around the house. Keep up the good work with the walking and the salads! :)

HD said...

Nothing beats early morning exercise, like you, i can't wait to get back into it!

i'd love to come to a picnick... definitely! Count me in....