Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, February 19, 2007

It's a mad mad mad mad weekend...

Some weekends are just not worth writing about... but not this one! I had such a full weekend that I will need to use headings just to organise my thoughts. So here goes...

Molly's hearing test.

We took the cute one to have her little ears tested on Friday. Drs recommend that babies who have spent more than 48 hours in the special care unit have their hearing checked. She passed with flying colours! The tester said that she has very sensitive hearing so all good there!
Linda's 40th.
The birthday girl receiving her gorgeous Tiffany & Co necklace! (pic taken by Ails)

Thanks to Linda for putting on such a great do! Apparently we made an impression on the family with our killer dance moves by the pool. Molly and I turned up around 10:15 and the party was well and truely under way. It was a great feeling walking into a garage full of strangers with the music pumping and the lights throwing rainbows onto the streamers hanging off the cloud of balloons bobbing around the room. I knew I was in for a good night!
Molly stayed for about 15 minutes, just long enough to say hello to all the blogger chicks and then I walked her back to our house, gave her her last feed for the night and put her in bed before returning to the party. (It's good having a bub who sleeps all night!!)

The girls and I danced our shrinking butts off in Linda's back courtyard playing a game of "copy the dance move". We worked up quite a sweat shakin' our groove thang on such a balmy night. Several party goers popped out with their cameras to capture a snap of we veluptuous vixens cutting it up.

Before we knew it, it was 3am and most of the guests were gone. So it was just family and bloggers! Haha! Can't keep a good blogger down! Linda received 2 beautiful Tiffany pieces- a combined pressie from the family... lucky girl! You deserve it Linda, you are one in a million! I hope you had as much fun as I did!

I started to fade by 3am so Beckie and I drove the 1 minute trip around the corner to my place. It was my pleasure to host Beckie but was quite embarrassed to put her on a bed made out of couch cushions and an empty doona cover! She said she slept fine and hopefully she's not fibbing! *lol* Becks, I loved having you stay with me and seeing you with Molly and Felix on Sunday showed me what a natural and beautiful mother you are. I look forward to getting to know you better.


(Photos from Phil)

Breakfast with Beckie and Kate.

Sunday morning we dragged our tired bodies out of bed, got showered and dressed and headed to The North Point Cafe at the end of North Road to meet Kate and Felix for breakky. We all ordered the big breakfast but I counted my points and still fell comfortably within. It was a lovely relaxed morning spent chatting, laughing and people watching. There were lots of tanned bodies cycling past and a few lobster like beach goers sizzling as they went by. Thanks for a nice morning girlies! We MUST do it again!

(Pic from Kate)

Weigh in, food and Contours.
Now for the boring part of the weekend- weigh in. I was back up to 96.2 again this morning however my body fat stayed the same so feeling ok about it. My food has been pretty clean this week but have just signed up to calorie king to make sure I am getting the tracking right. I had my first visit to Contours on Saturday and boy did I work up a sweat! It is the first time since falling pregnant that I have worked out to my capacity and it fel bloody unreal!

That's enough from me tonight! Going to have an early one as I haven't recovered from my big night on Saturday!

Ash
xox

4 comments:

Cinders said...

Thanks once again Ash for coming on Saturday night. I was wondering why people were leaving early until someone told me its 3am.. That is the sign of a good party, oh and so is someone sleeping ontop of the pool table.. I adored your dance moves and the photos are all fabulous xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experience

The Candid Bandit said...

I have to disagree with Linda.. Not ALL the pics were fabulous,,,.. eeeeek @ my boobs making such an appearance. LOL

Thankyou for that compliment about being a great mother ash. I want to make things magical and bright for children. It's important to their soul I think.

Thank you again for having me. I wasnt lying at all. I seriously did not move once my head hit the pillow.

philippa_moore said...

It was a great night! You looked fabulous, and your little girl is getting cuter by the minute...