Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Molly's weight etc...

I was stressing out about Molly's weight gain as I feel she looks really skinny compared to all her little friends so I was really looking forward to hearing what the nurse had to say. I had no reason to be concerned. The nurse took one look at how bright and alert she is and even before weighing her she knew she was fine. Phew! It's funny how I try not to be a stress head of a mother but it still comes out in me every now and then... Anyway she had put on 690g sinse our last visit and passed all the four month tests even though she is only 3.5 months so we don't have to go back until she is six months! Yay! I must have enough milk for her after all!

I must say that Molly is the one of the only bubs in mum's group who is exclusively breastfed so it is no wonder she is a little skinnier than the roly-poly formula babies!

In answer to Cranky's question left in the comments of my last post- I don't feel bad for asking for John's help... I think I worded that wrong in the last post. What I meant was that it feels weird to think of having time just for me as everything I am is invested into this little girl and I rarely spend time without her... I feel weird, not bad, asking for help... does that make sense??

Anywhoo... that's all for now!

Ash
xox

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can just tell that she is perfect and no need to worry - i love tha photo up the top too - you are both gorgeous!

Chris H said...

I can appreciate how HARD it was to ask for some "me" time, because when you become a mum the only thing you think about is your wee baby! I think you get tunnel vision actually, and I am still in that tunnel kinda. . . once you have kids they will always come first.... forever.

cranky said...

Yeah, that makes more sense now that you explain it!

I was a HUGE baby, bloody massive! LOL! My mum breast fed me exclusively till I was 7 months old...and the same with my younger brother, but he was about half my size! So you just can't tell...

My life,My Journey said...

HI Ash, I read your blog but don't think I have ever commented! My 3 children were all breastfed and always looked a bit leaner than the bottle fed Babies, I too was paranoid at first and then accepted it!Although my 2nd was a roly poly without being bottlefed! Molly is gorgoeus! Ali

Health Watch Center said...

Hello Ashwee,

Nice blog...keep the good work going...

I am new here Ash.. just wanted to say hi...

Fitness Health Zone

Anonymous said...

Helloooo, where are you? Hope all is well :o)

xoxo