Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, April 02, 2007

A loss after a SOUPER healthy week...


Last week I weighed in at 94.5kgs... It was a gain, and a step in the wrong direction. So I decided to focus on eating fresh, gorgeous healthy, home made food for the week and made a HUUUUGE pot of veggie soup...

Some of you might find it extremely boring but I am a big fan of the odd monterous bowl of veggie soup and this week I ate it for lunch and dinner almost every day. I would add some protein by throwing some poached chicken or some mixed beans in and I made sure my calories weren't too low (as can happen when eating lots of low cal soup!!). I have been feeling so vital this week! Veggies are magic I tell ya!! My moods have evened out as well... it is like a miracle! I have not been eating any processed foods or refined sugar and I feel a million bucks!

So, the result.... a loss of 1.4kgs! Down to 93.1!

I have decided to do it again and make a couple of other soups to freeze into portions to defrost when I need them. Philippa used to make a lovely soup that had chicken and rizzoni in it. She gave me the recipe a while ago as I thought it was so delicious. So I'll make that one and a yummy lentil and smoky bacon soup that I found in the little "kick start diet" mini mag that came out with New Idea last year. Yum!

I am so happy the weather has cooled down so I can enjoy soup again!

The other thing I have noticed since eating soup all week is that my stomach capacity is far less than i was before because I keep having to leave half my food on my plate/in my bowl as I am filling up so quickly. Probably because of all the liquid I am consuming- soup is very filling!!

Anywhoo, I'd better nick off and do some work around the house... although I have already been very productive today. It's only 10:12am and I have already got our housemate* ready for the day (made his lunch etc), made up a few sandwiches to freeze for the boys lunches, hung out one load of nappies, put another load of general washing on and hung it out, hung out our housemates washing as it was sitting in a basket getting stinky, cooked and ate a boiled egg and lean bacon for brekkie (yum!!), fed and played with Molly, dressed her and put her to sleep... now sitting here taking a load off looking at blogs. But I have lots more to do!!

Bysies!!

Ash
xox
*Our housemate has a disability and we are live-in carers- he's not just a lazy bloke like most are!!
Here are some photos of my baby girl... The 2nd one is of Molly with her friend Amy... awww cute!!


14 comments:

Yummy Mummy said...

Another soup over like myself... I love winter because of it.. My kids also demolish each pot I make..
Well done on your loss and you are doing the right thing by adding some protien. Are you still feeding Molly??? I used to get so hungry when I was breastfeeding..

Little Fat Duck said...

mmmmm soup. Im going to wait till it gets cooler then start making vegie soup. so easy and yest do delicious.
Molly is growing up so fast, shes absolutely beautiful ash! Thanks for your comments on my blog :o) Your support means alot to me. take care.

Amanda said...

Molly's getting so big! Do you have a recipe for the soup/s? I really want to make some, and I'm looking for ideas!

HD said...

Love the pics! Also, congrats on the loss, that's a fantastic effort. I suck at making soup, do you think you could email me the recipe?? I just can't master the art of making soup :(

Kate said...

Great loss Ash! Well done.
I had a soupy kinda weekend too.
Looking forward to "training" this week! :)

Kate xx

Jill said...

way to go ash, I think I will give the soup thing ago when i have finished packing up this house it will be great to give me a boost after some really busy weeks. bring on winter. soups and vegie packed stews yummo.

How cute is molly isn't it lovely seeing them with little friends

philippa_moore said...

Soup, glorious soup! I love it too! I remember you and I eating that chicken and risoni soup in the depths of winter last year, while we were trying to get that gas heater to work!!! Happy days :)

And great loss!! You are fabulous!!

xoxoxo

Alisha - the.wineglass.manifesto said...

Soups are fabulous as they fill you up so quick, and there is so much variety in flavour. I always have the Heinz Very Special soups for lunch as they are quick, yummy and very low cal. Could you possibly post your veggie soup recipe for us? I'd love to try it! Molly looks like she's got a great little personality!

Crafty Japan said...

Mmmm, I love soup too. I make a cauli and broccoli cheesy cream soup that's just delicious. We've had a heap of soup this winter :)

Jocelyn said...

Oh I love soup. We had some last night. My daughter is also a soup person, every year she chooses to have soup for her birthday dinner.

Molly is just too cute with her little friend there :)

Tina said...

Great loss Ash. You are doing so well.

I love the photos of Molly. She is such a cutie.

Amy said...

Adorable, adorable Molly. What a cutie!

Congrats on the loss! You're definitely on the right track!

I'll have to steal your soup recipes!

Ange said...

I love soups! The weather is just becoming cooler now so I will have to get out the stock pot in preparation.

I have been meaning to try Phil's risoni soup for a while.

Congratulations on the loss! I hope you had a great Easter - Molly's first one I believe :)

Kate said...

Are you back from Adelaide YET????????