Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Yummy dinner...

I just demolished the yummiest, easiest meal!

I really felt like some roast veggies as the weather finally allows for it (praise the Lord!!) so I bought a couple of washed spuds, some pumpkin, carrots, lovely fresh asparigus, zuchini and a couple of chicken breasts. All I did was pour a jar of tomato and herb pasta sauce over the chicken, threw the roastable veggies in a baking dish with a bit of olive oil and baked the lot for about 35 mins... I blanched the asparigus, chucked it all on plates and voila! An EASY and delicious meal for 2!!

Do try it!

I have had a great, restful weekend! John and I spent last night at my mum's watching funniest home videos (it's turned into a ritual for my family) and eating the scrummy prawns, oysters and whiting she cooked for dinner. We had such a nice time that we stayed till 1am! It was the latest we've been out since Molly's been in the world! I'm a bit tired today but not too phased as the next few days will be quiet and I'll be able to grab a nap here and there where I need it.

Poor little Molly woke up with conjunctivitis this morning! It got bad so quickly that we decided to take her to the doctor. She was prescribed some drops which we've been putting in every hour and it seems to be clearing up already. The poor little thing looked so cute and helpless with her bleary, puffy, sticky eyes. I nearly cried every time she looked up at me- it was as if she were saying "fix me!".

I am feeling so "in the zone" food wise at the moment. I feel really in control! I am actually making decisions around whether or not I eat food that is not good for me rather than mindlessly shovelling it in! Today I enjoyed a mince pie and a small piece of cake at my mother-in-law's and said "no thanks" when I was offered more than I could afford point wise. I was explaining to my friend today that I used to need to leave the room if there was junk food in it. I couldn't control myself and had to remove myself completely from the situation if I wanted to avoid a binge... Oh how things have changed! My relationship with food is totally different. I still LOVE my food- which is a great thing as, just as sex is designed for pleasure as well as to perform the important job of reproducing the human race, food is meant to taste good and thus be enjoyed... if not, we wouldn't have been given taste buds!! That said, I am no longer controlled by my urges and that is a turely liberating experience!

I weighed myself yesterday. Last week I was 96.7kgs... This Saturday- 96.1! So a loss of 600g! Not bad for my 1st week back. Apparently I'm not supposed to lose more than 500g per week or I could compromise my milk supply.. This means I need to really focus this week on ensuring I eat up all my points. It's really hard to do without eating junky food. So I will try to have a few more healthy but higher point food items like nuts and seeds this week.

Todays Foodies
B. Muesli with skim milk and one slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter (6)
L. 1 frankfurt (skin off) (4) 1/2 cup rice (1.5), 1 slice wholemeal bread (1) and salad (0)
D. Medium chicken breast (4) baked in tomato and herb pasta sauce (0) with pumpkin (.5), potato (1.5), asparigus, carrot and zuchini (0) cooked in olive oil (1)
Snacks. 1 mince pie (4), 1 small piece sticky date cake (2), 2 mugs of ovaltine light break (2)

Total: 26
Still have 6 points to play with so might have something extra within those points tonight.

Just realised, after looking at my food intake for today that I have eaten NO fruit today!! I have had plenty of water, veggies and wholegrains so I'm not worried about fibre or constipation however I usually aim to have 3 pieces of fruit each day. We were out and about today and I just forgot! Will have to make sure I have some tomorrow.

Tarns, I don't have permission to come visit your blog. Can you add me so I can follow your journey too?

Hope everyone has a healthy week- body mind and spirit!

Ash
xox

9 comments:

Kate said...

YAY for the loss Ash, well done! That low points sushi lunch we had must have helped! ;)
Keep up the good work!
Kate xx

Tina said...

That is a fantastic 1st loss Ash. Well done. You sound very motivated and are doing so well.

Your dinner sounds very nice. I love roast veges.

Cinders said...

Great loss and a very relaxing weekend Ash. I used to wash Josh's eyes with warm salted water everytime he had conjuctivitis - seemed to help. See you soon.

lisa jane said...

Im not a big fruit eater by nature,i prefer savoury to sweets generally (I make an exception for choclate lindt balls), but just lately I have found that fruit smoothies really help me to get a serving or 3 of fruit in.

Also Ive been toying with using fruit in my main meals too.Like adding chopped fruit to salads and using mango in marinades and sauces.

That dinner you made sounds so yum.we have been doing a similiar thing with those marinated lamb leg things you get from woolies.just chucking it into an oven tray with a heap of fresh vegies,some spices and olive oil and its delicious.Oh and sometimes we add cous cous and it soaks up all the vegetable,meat liquid.YUM ;)

Amanda said...

Well done on the loss Ash!

Such a lovely weekend. Poor little Molly's eyes! I hate conjunctivitis... especially because it seems to come from no where, and then comes on so quickly. Hope she gets better soon!

That dinner sounds great, I love roast veges... Perhaps I should make some this week!

philippa_moore said...

Well done on the loss Ash, that's fabulous!! Keep it up!!

Kate said...

Well done on the loss Ash!

Kathryn said...

Well done on the loss, you are doing very well!

Leighanne said...

That meal sounds yumm!!!
Well doe on the loss!!