Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Lookie what we got yesterday?!

*Note- for some reason I have not been able to do paragraphs so I apologise for the big block of writing... I HATE reading blogs like that!!*

Thanks to Catie for posting this gorgeous t-shirt for Molly!!

It was so exciting pulling it out of the post pack realising what it was. Catie bought one for her daughter Joss a little while ago and I commented that I loved it... a month or so later, one arrives in the mail!! Thanks sooo much Catie! It was such an unexpected and special surprise! Molly is going to look like such a little spunky dudette when she grows into it... my Nan's going to hate it! *lol*
Catie, if you're reading this- I can't access your blog. Can you please add me to your invited readers list as I'm dying to see what you've been up to.
John went back to work today... well, for an hour and then he was home again as there was nothing for him to do today... Hoorah! Extended holidays!
We went to Eastland this afternoon and had a yummy lunch- I had a moroccan couscous and chicken salad... mmm! John had sushi hand rolls and we shared a freshly squeezed apple, carrot, celery, ginger and beetroot juice. While at eastland I bought a new long black cardigan and a v-neck grey 3/4 sleeve tee. I LOVE the cardy as I have been looking for one like this for ages. It's a thin knit and goes with just about everything I own.
We had to eat slightly off plan for dinner tonight. Our housemate cooked spaghetti bolognaise for us today. If he was just any old housemate we would have told him what we were doing with our challenge and frozen our portions to have next week. But our housemate has a disability and cooked dinner with the help of his carer today. It wouldn't have been fair to not eat what he had spent time and a lot of effort preparing. Apart from that though, food has been great. Both John and I are finding it really easy to stick to the plan. It's really strange that we can all of a sudden have no trouble resisting temptation just because we both agreed to give it our all for a week. Life isn't any different from how it was last week however it is like a switch has been flicked and all of a sudden it's easy! We both feel so fabulous for doing something really good for ourselves.
I am going to get out for a walk tomorrow. It will be the first time since Molly's birth that I have gone out to do intentional exercise. I have done a lot of incidental exercise walking around different shopping centres for hours on end but this will be a great "1st" to accomplish.
I heard an interesting piece of conversation today. Two girls, about 20 years of age, were walking and chatting in Eastland. One looks at a very obese little girl walking by and says to her friend "Look at that girl!" to which the other replies "Yeah, it's so sad- look at her dad... it must be genetic". I found this really interesting. That "genetics" is the first thing to be blamed. Hmmm... call me mean but me thinks it may not be genetic. Very rarely are weight problems genetic. Families often have a "big frame" that is passed on but that doesn't mean a healthy weight cannot be achieved. I used to think that I was "genetically fat" as all of my family are overweight. It couldn't possibly have been the fact that we all loved consuming copious amounts of rich food at every meal and greazy, crunchy, fat filled foods for snacks, or the fact that instead of playing out in the fresh air we spent our time playing Super Mario on the couch...
No way... it must be genetic!
Today's Foodies:
B. 2 slices burgen toast with ham tomato and low fat cheese (5)
S. 1 apple, 1 nectarine (1.5)
L. Moroccan chicken salad, 1/2 a regular fresh juice (7)
S. Skinny decaf latte, some red grapes and a nectarine (2.5)
D. Spaghetti bolognaise(6)
S. Natural yoghurt with 1 tbs honey and a small banana (2.5)
Total: 24.5
H20: 2.5 litres
Will have a bit more food this evening.. maybe some air popped popcorn

11 comments:

Chris H said...

How we carry weight can be genetic, like if your mum has huge hips and thighs, you might too... both my parents put weight on around the middle, as did I... but you are right in that we made a choice to eat too much and put on weight. WE can choose to lose the weight and look different from our bigger family members for sure.

lisa jane said...

Blogger does that to me too,especially when I try to add pictures or fiddle with the format.The other day I fixed it by using this little button that says something like "remove formatting from selection", in the little toolbar near the images button.Try that.

Melissa said...

You sound so positive and onto it at the moment. Hope all is well and take care. Mel xx

Kim said...

Hiya Ash

Have finally logged on to your new blog. We are so close to the same weight now that I look forward to tackling it together.

Oh and PS I have tagged you for the Four things quiz (Check out my blog for the questions)

Shazam said...

What a great shirt! Molly will look adorable in it :) I agree with you in regards to habits/issues we inherit vs. genetics. I would rather think that I have the power to change my life in regards to this stuff, rather than think that I am doomed by genetics!

Kim said...

Congrats on the birth of your beautiful little girl. I was definantly away for too long!!!!

Its nice to read that your back on track with your eating. I am really looking forward to getting back onto my treadmill and loosing this pregnancy weight. Only a couple of weeks to go.

Kim

HD said...

What a gorgeous t-shirt... Catie is such a sweetie.

About genetics, i think sometimes it's easier for us to blame that than actually think it's us causing the problem.

I met a lady one day who was a very slender size 8-10. She told me her mum is morbidly obese as are her 2 sisters. She's the youngest and when she was growing up she said "That life is not for me!" so she made an effort to beat her genetics.

Very thought provoking i think...

Amanda said...

That shirt it so cool! Molly will look adorable in it.

I have issues with formatting in blogger too.

Well done on the challenge, its a tough one, but you're doing so welL!

Kate said...

Hi Ash, I find that sometimes after I publish, it loses some of the formatting too. I find if I go back and edit the post and do 'shift & enter' between paragraphs, instead of just 'enter', they are more likely to work out. Love the t-shirt! Very cute. Do the booties fit molly or are they too big?

LOL @ eating too much and super mario - that was me! I think body shape is genetic, as in where you store your excess weight (hips/thighs etc) and how large you are relates to environmental factors, such as how much food you consume, your lifestyle (exercise or lack of) and influences around you - ie family/media etc.

Luv Katie
walk tomorrow still?

philippa_moore said...

Genes determine our body shape, absolutely, but I was once told that I would NEVER be a size 10 because my hips were too big....well once I got the lard off them they weren't! I think, like you, blaming it on genes is a bit of a cop-out to avoid having to change one's lifestyle. There's always a way through if you want to see it.

Hope the challenge continues to go well :) And Molly's shoes in that other photo are so cute!!

xoxoxoxo

Jadey said...

Ooo where did you get your cardy? I have been looking for something like that (or at least sounds like what Im looking for) for ages too!