Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wednesday... creative title huh??!

What an overwhelming response to my vox post asking for people to email me if they wanted to come over here! I had 30 emails in the space of a couple of hours today! Welcome to everyone! I encourage the lurkers to pop in and say hi every now and then as I had NO idea how many people were tuning in to my adventures!!!

Well! The 1st day of the rest of my life was a successful one! I managed to eat well and exercise! Well... not really "exercise" as such... I went clothes shopping! LOL! That IS exercise for me at the moment as it involves more than sitting on my bed, the couch or in the car! John and I wandered around Box Hill Central for 2 hours while I tried on clothes and looked for a few other essentials.

I bought 2 singlet tops, 2 dresses and a pair of dark grey tailored shorts. Lovely! Will post pics soon!

I am sad to say that I am floating between a size 16 and 18 at the moment so I'm not going to buy too many more clothes before I drop a few more kgs. I WILL keep my eyes peeled for things I like though so I can use them as rewards for every 5kgs I lose. I still have a lot of size 12-14 clothes in a suitcase under my bed from when I hit goal last year so I wont have to spend a fortune at the other end... although everything will be out of fashion by then anyway!

I have heard that there is a new weight watchers program where you need to count veggies now!! They also want everyone to eat 2 tsp of runny oil each day as research has proven that WW members were deficiant in essential fatty acids. I am not keen to go back to WW any time soon but like to use points to track my food. I had a lot of success counting points in the past using the old program so I have decided not to worry about the new program and just go on the 32 points a day allowed in the old program for breastfeeding mothers. I'm not gonna start counting veggies now as I don't believe you can ever eat too much salad I eat avocados, tuna and use olive oil in cooking so think my EFAs are fine.

Todays food:
B. 2 pieces wholemeal toast with peanut butter, 1 peach and 1 small nectarine (6)
L. Wholemeal sandwich with light cheese, tomato and a smidgen of avocado (4)
D. Pita pizza with light ham, veggies and low fat mozarella cheese, 1 banana and vaalia yoghurt (10.5)
Snacks. Skinny latte, 1/2 a piece of banana bread, 1 freddo, grapes (5.5)
H20: 2 litres

Total: 26pts
I overate yesterday so am making up some points today... I may have some more grapes and a cup of tea tonight so that will add a couple of points.

Once again, welcome to everyone!!

Ash
xxx

ps. Brookie, would you help me create a fancy shmancy header??

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You can definately be back at goal by this Christmas. You were a legend losing weight last time and you can do it again!

Today's food sounds great.

Good luck

Kate said...

Hi Ash, I haven't been following the new 2007 ww plan, although have been having a little more olive oil, as it probably is a good thing. Still following the old one and it's still working! Don't stress, the weight will fall off you if you continue the way you're going!
Kate :)

Cinders said...

Hi Ash,
you'll be back to normal in no time. xx

Jac said...

Hmmmmm, it seems WW has to come out with something "new" every year just to keep up the interest etc, but essentially they're just re-inventing the points program. It doesn't get much simpler than that!! But counting vegges?!?!?! no freakin' way!! I don't believe in that.

I too am hoping to hit goal by the end of the year! I've got about 24-25kgs to lose though, but I think it's achieveable. As long as I get off my butt and stop procrastinating!! hehe

I've always wondered at people eating peanut butter and still losing weight?! I've always thought it was a bit no-no. But maybe that's just cos I spread it too thick ;) Or... maybe eat it straight from the jar... hmmm..

Anyway, thanks for letting me know about the new blog!! I'm so pumped for another year of collective lard-busting :)

Kate said...

I also meant to say that southland & chadstone are my favourite places for walking, especially in this heat. We don't have aircon at home, so one the hot days, I get organised early, put felix in the pram and we walk and walk and walk! Window shopping along the way! There is no way I'd get any exercise on these 38deg days if I didnt walk around the shopping centres! :)

Tina said...

Thanks for the invite to your new blog Ash. It was great chatting tonight.

I look forward to sharing your journey back to goal. We can all do this together.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your day of food sounds wonderful darl! It sounds like you're back in the zone already. And I bet you'll be reaching into that suitcase before those clothes go out of fashion. You've always had such a positive attitude towards life and weightloss... I really admire that :o)

Take care gorgeous

xoxo

ps. Send through some piccies of your gorgeous self and I'll whip up a banner for you! :o)

Belle said...

Thanks for letting me know about the new blog :)
The good thing about the new Weight Watchers program is that you don't have to count sugar and alcohol points.
You will defiantly get back to goal by Christmas.
Good luck

Amanda said...

You're going to be great at getting back to goal- you're getting on with it so soon after Molly's birth, by the end of the year you'll be in great shape.

Counting vegies? Not a chance!

I'm a bit cynical towards WW, I suspect they keep coming up with new 'plans' in order to suck more money out of us. Although increasing EFAs is a good idea, but so long as you're doing that, there's nothing to worry about!

Good luck :)

Chris H said...

I don't think you have to count veges! At least I havn't heard about it. Losing 20 kilos in a year is totally do-able, and I'm sure you can do it.

philippa_moore said...

I agree, counting vegies is silly!! I lost nearly 35kg doing it the old way, as did thousands of other people! I think if you stick to what you know will work you will be fine! You absolutely kicked arse last time, and you'll do it again, no doubt about it!!!

xoxoxoxo

Kathryn said...

You are going to do great this year and you will be back to your goal before long!!

I'm looking forward to getting back on track also once I have my little baby :)

Shawn said...

Ohhhh your food on this day sounded sooooo good! I'm going to have to keep visiting for meal ideas! YUM!

cranky said...

I think you're being very sensible by not throwing yourself back into exercise - don't think recommend having 6 weeks off after you have a baby? Or is that only if you have a c section? Wow, I really have NO idea! LOL!

What I do know is how EXCELLENT flaxseed oil is - I have a teaspoon in my banana smoothie every day! I'm a vegetarian, so by default don't get enought Omega 3. I think it's great that WW is acknowledging that people don't have enought EFA!

Don't stress about your body size, you had one BIG baby! LOL!