Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, July 16, 2007

Week 7 recap...

My most favouritist bestest picture at the moment...
I've had a much better week this week although I was certain I was going to put on weight as I didn't feel any lighter (dumb I know!) and I sms'd Kerryn a bit stressed out that I didn't get all my (4 sessions of) cardio in. Kerryn gave me a pep talk and I managed to cram in a big walk yesterday afternoon to try and make up for my lack of cardio during the week.

I was pleased to see 86.6 on the scale this morning- a 600g loss from last week. Not too bad- at least it's enough to motivate me through the next week.

I'm at the hard point in this challenge where I see the end coming too quickly and I feel like I am not going to achieve all the things I hoped to achieve in the 12 weeks. Kerryn reminded me that I CAN do it and I just need to knuckle down and power through the next few weeks. I'd like to lose another 4-5 kilos before the end of the 12 weeks. I forgot how hard it gets to move the numbers down on the scales once you start building muscle. I know I am sculpting a magnificent masterpiece (if I do say so myself) under a layer of fat but I just have to get this fat outta here before we'll be able to see the beautifully sculpted muscles I've been working so hard on. I can FEEL a difference but am having trouble seeing anything just yet. I know I am smaller- fitting into my pre-pregnancy jeans again, and I am stronger (I've gone from using 2.5kg dumbells to 5kg ones for some of my upper body workout and from a 10kg to a 20kg barbell for my benchpress) but I just don't have the shape yet.

I was watching this buff lady working out in the gym yesterday and I had to stand back and say WOW! As I know what hard work she must put in to get her body to look that good. It's all about dedication- I bet she eats clean and works out to a strict schedule. That's what I am going to do to get me through these last few weeks (and beyond of course!). I felt like going up and congratulating that woman for how fit she looks but I thought it's be a bit weird...ME: "hey there! You're hot!!"...BUFF LADY: "um.. do I know you??"

Anyway... Better go!

Ash
xox

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - i dream of the beautifully toned supermodel body i have under my fat suit, but I am not actually anywhere near it - but you are close babe - hang in there!

Shauna said...

Ash, I don't comment often but I had to say I LOVE that photo! You have such a serene expression in it :)

And rock on with your 12 week challenge! You are doing bloody brilliantly. I did one earlier this year and hit a lull around the same point and you but just keep pushing on, suddenly things start changing, almost overnight :)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Well done for coming this far Ash without chucking it in...you are cruisin girl... you know you are toning.. and you know that it will all come together with some more hard work...
Keep it up because oneday someone will look at you at the gym and think the same as you thought about that buff woman you saw....
Keep smiling.. you have a gorgeous lil one.... love the pic...

Jadey said...

ONe of the receptionists at work looks AMAZING! I've told her too. The most amazing thing is she's 46! She looks like she's in her late 20's

Liv said...

Hey Ash, I've never commented before but couldn't resist telling you how gorgeous that pic is - you and your babe both look so happy and contented, it's truly gorgeous!

Kate said...

Beautiful photo!!

Lisa C said...

HI Ash,
I just love that photo...you are doing really well.
I am studying at Monash... nearly finished now!
Are you working in the field?
LIsa

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo Ash!

philippa_moore said...

Ash, that is such a beautiful photo of you and your girl - she's growing up so fast, I can't believe it!

Every time I log in here to read what you're up to, I come away feeling very inspired :)

Love and miss you heaps! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Ash,

You & Molly look soooooo beautiful!!!!!! :-)

Sienna said...

You have the most beautiful face! Those eyes, you are gorgeous! Not to mention that bubba! Ooooh... I could kiss her!
Wanted to stop by and say hello. We have quite a lot in common, we are only about 1kgs or so apart, and we are being trained by the same woman! However, I am right in day one, where you are over halfway!