Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Selfish and materialistic post ahead...

Things I REALLY want but can't justify spending money on...


A Pink Ipod. I think I'm the last blogger not to have one. (My husband is very proud of me for this... he'd still have a gramophone if he could). I have a little mp3 player which never gets used *blush*... But you can't get an arm band for my little one... and it's black not pink.. haha.. lame I know! I'd love to download some of those workout podcasts I have heard other people talking about.


A Polar sports watch... Since I've been getting fit and healthy (about 4 years now) I have wanted one of these. For those who don't know, they count how many calories you've burned and takes your heartrate etc. Basically they are very posh and whiz bang and I'd LOVE one!!

A bike. I used to have one when I was a kid. It was bright pink and I got rid of it before we moved house. I love spin class so I imagine I'd love cycling outside where there's something other than a pulsating, girating gym instructor to look at. I'd also love one of those little kid-trailors to tow Molly along in. I love walking/jogging along the beach from StKilda to Brighton and I'd love to ride along there.




A super cute, bautifully styled hair cut and colour- something like this would be nice with some blonde highlights for a bit of a change but not as blonde as this. I get my hair cut at Just Cuts at the moment and although cheap and usually good, you don't get the salon experience... I want someone to bring me a latte and chocolates while I wait for the colour to process- at Just Cuts you are in and out within 15 mins... It's all about the experience!


A pamper session. I haven't shaved my legs since Molly was born so I'd love to go and get a full grease and oil change and a wheel alignment thrown in just for fun! Ahhh... massage and facial- HEAVEN! But it aint gonna happen any time soon.... Why am I torturing myself with this stuff??







Haha. That'll do for now. Enough with the "I wish's".


Ash

xox

8 comments:

Chris H said...

Your list of wants is very similar to mine, my next purchase is going to be one of those watches/heart rate monitors... then an ipod in PINK too! Hope you get yours one day.

Kek said...

I don't have an iPod either, so you're not the last one! My MP3 player does the job for now... and arm bands are useless if you're doing an upper body workout - they squeeze and pinch when you flex your awesome biceps. :)

How about picking one of your wish list things and saving just a few dollars each week towards it? Maybe a salon treatment or two, they're not terribly expensive. You deserve some treats, you know!

...or at least put your order in for birthday gifts, it's not that far away.

Anonymous said...

i think good things come to good people so you should be getting stacks of this stuff in the near future babe!

philippa_moore said...

Wishing is free. Maybe one day you'll get all those things darl :)

You do have a birthday in a few months time too, remember ;)

xoxoox

Shawn said...

I don't have an Ipod either. I do have a ceapie Mp3 too though. I stick it down my bra while I walk with Nate LOL.

I did buy myself a Salon Experience booklet that they were selling door to door at my work for my birthday back in Feb so last friday I was able to upgrade to a 1 hour full body massage for $30. Was soooo worth it - as long as I don't think about where that money could have gone.....

Shawn said...

*cheapie* - damn spelling!

Kate said...

Hey babe

I don't think you are being selfish at all by wanting good things in your life that are just for you. I say keep an eye for specials and agree with kek to try and put a few dollars away each week...one of the things on your wish list might be yours sooner than you think.
hope all is well!
xx Kate

Apple2Hourglass said...

I have an iPod (but it's white) the 30 gig one - it's very very cool. I just bought it as a present for myself when my husband and I separated. Although now i'm thinking the $500 would have been better spent on essentials. D'oh. I also have the polar heart rate monitor (the exact one in your photo) but I don't use it anymore since I stopped going to the gym (no babysitter). I would love a sassy haircut too and I have a voucher for a pamper session at a local beautician's somewhere that I was given from work for a massage (guess I better find it!!). I wish I could share all these things with you, but I'm not any happier having them, well you know apart from the iPod - cos I love it and it's very very cool. They didn't have pink when I bought mine, just black or white and they were out of black!! haha
Reading this post has reminded me that i'm very lucky and I should stop complaining about all the crap that's going on in my life and just enjoy what I have - my gorgeous son and a few knick knacks. Thanks for the reminder! I'm joining Kim's Christmas challenge too, hopefully we can motivate each other?
Bri